Grant Shared Drive Access
Shared Drive Owners assign access to folders on the university network allowing communication and collaboration among Faculty and Staff.
Faculty and Staff
Only IT personnel can add individuals to the Owners group of a shared drive. If you are working remotely, you must connect to the TAMU-CC network through VPN.
Granting Shared Drive Access
- Select File Explorer.
- Select Network.
- Select Search Active Directory. (Note: You may need to click the Network tab.
- Type the name of the shared folder.
- Select Find Now.
- Double click on the group name.
- Click Add. If the Add icon is not accessible, you do not have access to add a user to the shared group.
- Enter the IslandID of the desired user.
- Select Check Names.
- Select the correct IslandID.
- Select OK>OK>OK.