Mapping a shared drive allows campus faculty and staff to access stored files for sharing and collaboration.
Faculty and Staff
Shared drive access must be from a secure TAMU-CC connection.
For consistency, \\ad.tamucc.edu\common should be mapped to the I: drive.
Mapping a Shared Drive
- Select File Explorer.
- Select This PC to reveal the Computer tab options.
- Select Map network drive.
- In the drop-down menu, select the drive to be mapped.
- Enter the address, such as “\\ad.tamucc.edu\common" in the field type.
- Select Finish.
- Select Go from the menu.
- Select Connect to Server.
- Enter the address, such as “smb://ad.tamucc.edu/common/” in the space marked Server Address.
- Select Connect.
- Enter your IslandID and password.
- Change to “Registered User”
- Once connection is successful, a new window will appear with your mapped drive folder contents.