Adobe Scan mobile app is used to create Portable Document Format (PDF) files from any image that can be captured using your mobile device. However, Adobe Scan should not be used for working with confidential information or if retention requirements exist.
Faculty, Staff, and Students
Summary of Utility
Adobe Scan is a free app that turns your mobile device into a portable scanner that can capture and convert documents, forms, business cards, and even whiteboards into high-quality PDFs. The app recognizes text with optical character recognition (OCR) and optimizes scanned documents to remove any unwanted glares or shadows.
Download and installation of Adobe Scan
- Adobe Scan can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Search for “Adobe Scan”. The application name will vary:
- On Android: Adobe Scan: PDF Scanner with OCR, PDF Creator.
- On iOS: Adobe Scan Digital PDF Scanner.
- Download and install the application on your mobile device.
Using Adobe Scan
Sign into Adobe Scan
- After installing Adobe Scan, open the application and select “Sign in or sign up”.
- On the next screen, enter your TAMU-CC email address into the Email Address Field.
- You will be prompted to identify which type of account you want to use.
- Select Company or School Account.
- Sign in again with your IslandID or TAMU-CC email address.
- Complete Duo two-factor authentication.
- Once successfully signed-in, you will be directed to the “Welcome to Adobe Scan” screen.
- Select the “Let’s Go” bubble on the welcome screen.
- Select “Allow” to give the application access to your camera.
Configure the application’s settings and preferences
- Prior to using Adobe Scan, review the default settings and preferences.
- Ensure that Text Recognition is turned ON.
- Select the appropriate language for the document.
- Use the links below to access the settings guide for your mobile device.
Working with Adobe Scan
Use the links provided below to access instructions and guides.