OIS: FAQs: What is Confidential Information?
The simple answer is that confidential information breaks down into two main types:
1. Information about other people including:
- Personally Identifying Information ("PII") such as social security numbers and Banner IDs;
- Student Educational Records, such as course and grade information;
- Credit Card Numbers and other financial account numbers;
- Personal Health Information ("PHI")
2. Your password(s). Your passwords are confidential information that belongs to the University, and your passwords help protect other confidential information.