Welcome and congratulations new Islanders! As a new employee of Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi these simple steps will help ensure a successful start to your time as an faculty or staff.
1. Complete the Human Resources On Boarding Process: The Human Resources on boarding process provides several tasks that you must address before the beginning of the semester. Many of these items can be processed at the New Faculty Orientation.
2. Submit a New Accounts Request Form (NARF): A New Account Request Form must be submitted for all incoming Faculty and Staff that require a computer account.
3. Claim your IslandID: An IslandID and password are necessary to sign into most University resources. Claim yours now by using the link below. Please note that faculty and staff will lose access to the IslandID account, email and Office suite on the date of separation.
4. Setup Account Recovery Information: After claiming your IslandID please be sure to setup account recovery information. By providing an alternate email address and phone number to reach you at, you will be able to reset your password if you forget it. If you do not complete this step, you may be locked out of your account for a period of time until you can contact the IT Service Desk for assistance.
5. Enroll your Device for Duo Two-factor Authentication: All TAMU-CC employees are required to use a second factor of authentication when logging into IslandID systems such as Blackboard and University email. Verifying your identity using a second factor, such as your phone or other mobile device, will prevent anyone but you from logging into your accounts. Even if they know your password.
6. Log Into Your University Email: Upon logging into your TAMU-CC workstation for the first time, it is recommended that you open Microsoft Outlook to setup and use your University email. The University email is the primary avenue of communication for all University business, including correspondence from the Business Office, Financial Aid, Housing and Campus Announcements.
7. Log Into Single Sign-On: The Single Sign-On (SSO) portal contains Human Resources programs such as payroll and leave information. As a new employee you must set up your account with your UIN, provided by Human Resources office.
8. Login to campus Wi-Fi: You will use your IslandID and password to connect to the Islander_Admin wireless network. If you are currently using Islander_Student, please switch to Islander_Admin.